Descriptive Writing Intervention, Version 1
Help your students build descriptive writing skills in a few minutes a day! With 215 “boring” sentences for students to edit and tips on turning a “boring” sentence into an awesome one, this intervention is designed to help students with IEPs and in RTI groups build editing skills! Check out the preview to learn more.
Looking for a descriptive writing intervention for your writing RTI or special education group? The Descriptive Writing Intervention is easy-to-use intervention program that works well as a writing warm-up for groups!
This packet includes 215 “boring” sentences for students to edit along with a tip sheet for how to turn a “boring” sentence to an awesome one by adding strong, action verbs, imagery, and adjectives, as well as by adding details. Each sentence has been carefully crafted to sound like sentences our students often write—and to make it easy for them to build their editing and descriptive writing skills!
The intervention series is aligned with Common Core goals for grades 3-5 including:
- Choose words and phrases for effect. (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.3.A)
- Choose words and phrases to convey ideas precisely. (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.3.A)
- Use concrete words and phrases and sensory details to convey experiences and events precisely (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY W.4.3.D.; CCSS.ELA-LITERACY W.5.3.D.)
- Expand, combine, and reduce sentences for meaning, reader/listener interest, and style. (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.3.A)
Need More Interventions?
- If you are looking for Common Core aligned interventions that match the goals and assessments in the success kit, check out the store! For writing, we have writing fluency, descriptive writing, and complete sentences interventions. For mathematics, we have word problem and computation interventions from addition facts to long division. Reading interventions are coming soon!
Need IEP Writing Resources?
- Check out the IEP Success Kits! Each kit includes informal assessments in reading, writing, and mathematics as well as present levels (PLOPs or PLAAFPs) templates and an IEP goal bank!
Returns & Refunds
- Not sure the product is right for you? See the store’s refund and returns policy— and try the product risk free for thirty days!